How delicious are these cute little rolls! Super delicious, that’s what! And soft and fluffy, with a great chew, and wonderful flavour. You can make them small as dinner rolls, or larger and flatter for burger buns. No proofing necessary, and no yeast used, this dough is made up of 100% keto ingredients, so that means no grains or legumes either, as well as no dairy. Wow. It’s hard to believe they are as light and fluffy as they are. The trick is to work fast and make sure your measurements as spot on, no guessing or using alternative implements, you need to get the measurements exact. So far we’ve made fish burgers and lamb burgers but you can use them for anything. They are light on the tummy and real easy to digest too, what a bonus. Here’s the recipe for you to enjoy …
Gluten free, dairy free, grain free, sugar free, keto and paleo burger bread rolls. Love these little babies, so light and fluffy too.
75g Almond meal, fine is better
1/3 cup Psyllium husk powder
1/4 cup Coconut flour
1/4 cup Golden Flax meal, (also known as Linseed meal)
1 tsp Garlic powder, optional
1 tsp Onion powder, optional
1 tsp Baking powder, gluten free and fresh
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp Salt, optional
3 large Egg Whites
1 large Egg whole
1 cup Warm Water, (1/2 boiling and 1/2 room temperature)
- 1)Preheat the oven to 175 °C/ 350 °F (fan assisted), or 195 °C/ 380 °F (conventional).
- 2)Mix all the dry ingredients very well in a mixer using a dough hook.
- 3)Mix the eggs in a separate bowl for about a minute so they have broken down
- 4)Add the eggs to the dry ingredients and mix well until the dough has come together. About a minute usually does the trick. It will be thick.
- 5)Add water and process until well combined.
- 6)Cut the dough into 4 equal portions and roll the buns. I like to add some water to my hands and then smooth the buns before placing them on a non-stick baking tray with baking paper. They will grow in size, so leave some space between them.
- 7)Top each of the buns with sesame seeds (or any other seeds) and press them into the dough, so they don’t fall out.
- 8)Place in the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- 9)Remove from the oven, let the tray cool down and place the buns on a rack to cool down to room temperature.
- 10)Store them at room temperature if you plan to use them in the next couple of days or store in an airtight container in the freezer for future use.