Looking for breakfast inspo? We love overnight oats, make them ahead of time and have them ready in your fridge so that your morning routines are all covered. Healthy, nutritious, fast and easy, and in a whole variety of flavours!
Make your overnight oats by combining rolled oats, milk, chia seeds, and any type of topping that you want. Then, once you make your oats, leave them in the refrigerator overnight or for several days. Some people prefer to eat their oatmeal cold while others prefer it to be warmed up in the microwave or on the stovetop before eating it. The best part about these overnight oats is that they are healthy and easy to make.
We bring you delicious, easy, and healthy breakfast ideas with 5 recipe flavours for our gluten free recipes. You can make the overnight oats recipe as is or be inspired to make your own customised variation. It couldn’t be easier to prepare a healthy breakfast.
- Peanut butter and Jam (Jelly)
- Banana and Coconut
- Tropical Oats
- Apple Pie
- Blueberry Granola.
We also recommend you make your own plant-based milk to keep the recipe really healthy, and free of artificial additives that can be present in store-bought nut milk. Check out our recipe for our super easy Nut Milk.
And if you’re looking for alternative breakfast ideas, check out our Breakfasts here for more inspo.
The basic quantity is for one serving. Multiply by whatever serving numbers you desire...
- 1/3 cup Gluten free oats
- 1 cup Almond milk (or other plant-based milk)
- 1 Tbs Chia seeds
PEANUT BUTTER AND JAM (JELLY) OATS
- 1/3 cup Peanut butter
- 1/3 cup Raspberry Jam (make your own with frozen raspberries)
- Crushed peanuts
BANANA & COCONUT OATS
- 1 x Ripe Banana
- 1/3 cup Coconut cream
- Coconut flakes
- 2 Tbs Diced mango
- 2 Tbs Diced red pawpaw (papaya)
- 2 Tbs Diced ripe pineapple
- Coconut flakes
APPLE PIE OATS
- 1/4 cup Diced green apple
- 1 Tbs Sultanas
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
BLUEBERRY GRANOLA OATS
- 1/4 cup Fresh Blueberries
- 1/4 cup Paleo Granola
- 1/3 cup Coconut Yoghurt
Basic overnight oats:
- Mix together 1/3 cup (40g) rolled or quick oats and 1 cup (240ml) milk (or any other liquid).
- Add flavourings like honey, maple syrup, fruit or nut butter if desired
- Stir to combine
- Refrigerate for at least four hours before eating but better to leave them overnight.
This recipe is ideal to make in a jar with a lid. That way you can refrigerate easily and take it for a breakfast on the go! Plus they look really cute in those mason jars ;-)