Not long ago my brother came to visit, and we had a hankering for some bread with meat and olives, as you do. But sadly we didn’t have any bread and no-one could be bothered to go to the shops. Challenge accepted! Time to head to the cupboards and whip up an oh-so-easy-peasy olive and rosemary bread that was done in less than an hour. My brother could not believe how quick and easy it was. But yay to that! We got to enjoy our evening with warm bread, olive oil, hommus dip and even more olives.
Super yummy gluten free and paleo Olive & Rosemary Bread that only takes 10 minutes to make.
1 cup Flax Meal , (linseed meal)
1 1/2 cups Arrowroot Flour, (not tapioca)
4 Free Range Eggs, (organic is even better)
4 Free Range Egg Whites
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1/4 cup Rosemary , chopped fresh or dried
4 tsp Gluten Free Baking Powder
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
1/2 tsp Cracked Pepper
1 cup Pitted Green or Black Olives, sliced
- 1)Heat your oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- 2)Grease a standard 9″ loaf pan with oil ensuring it is well coated.
- 3)Whisk eggs and egg whites in a large bowl until broken down and lightly frothy.
- 4)Add all other ingredients into bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until everything is well combined.
- 5)Spread batter into loaf pan, and smooth out the top nice and flat.
- 6)Bake for 35 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean from the centre of the bread. If you take it out too early it will cave in and be a bit ‘gluey’ inside.
- 7)Allow to cool for a few minutes, but served warm it is really delicious! Once cooled you can store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- 8)This loaf will keep for 3-4 days.